(Reading, writing, editing, publishing, browsing, borrowing, telling you about it.)

Friday, May 21, 2010

The Antigonish Review




The spring issue of The Antigonish Review is out now, and includes a poem of mine. The cover photo is by Mount Allison professor and Anchorage Press founder Thaddeus Holownia.

In other news, my family's summer book club has decided to reconvene after a hiatus last summer when there seemed to be some uncertainty about whether everyone had had a good time the year before. Although I won't be home I have been granted a selection. I've been considering Nicholson Baker's latest novel, The Anthologist, which is about the plight of an occasionally published poet trying to write the introduction to a poetry anthology. Why would that interest me? No idea.

The theme of this year's club is "books you've been meaning to read," though, and the Baker book just came out last year, so perhaps I haven't been meaning for long enough yet. I have always meant to read Stella Gibbons's Cold Comfort Farm. The film adaptation is one of my faves, but it's quite possible someone else at home has already read it, which ruins the fun a bit. I'll keep thinking, but not just yet. It's the May long weekend, it's up around 20 degrees. Gin, tonic, where are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment