(Reading, writing, editing, publishing, browsing, borrowing, telling you about it.)

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Frye Festival, Richard Ford

It's Tuesday and I always seem to be a little wired when I get home from my letterpress class. Last night was much more sedate, but I did find an excellent interview on Youtube -- Globe and Mail Books editor Martin Levin interviewing fiction writer Richard Ford at the Frye Festival in Moncton, NB, in 2008 -- so while I'm feeling owlish I'll give you the link. This is to part one of seven, each about ten minutes long. If you have the time, it's worth it. I was in the midst of roaring through Ford's Frank Bascombe trilogy (The Sportswriter, Independence Day, and The Lay of the Land) at the time of the festival, and found out a few weeks later. Was I mad when I found out he'd been within about three hours of my house? Um. Yes. I was mad through the first two or three segments of the video over two years later. How much does it cost to hire someone to just keep you from doing (or not doing) things like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment