(Reading, writing, editing, publishing, browsing, borrowing, telling you about it.)

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Old Year/New Year



Since tidying it up a few days ago I've been really taken with this little corner of my office. (The rest of the room remains much less photogenic.) On the desk is one of my Christmas gifts, The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition. Look out, manuscripts. I've got a thousand+ pages of authority at my fingertips. And it's current.

I love making New Year's resolutions and I think this year I'll include building myself a better editorial/biblio resource library at home. Chicago, of course, will have a place of honour (maybe even a little stand). I'll also want to upgrade my house dictionary from my mum's 1954 Oxford Concise, sans spine, to the newest Oxford Canadian. And if the Dalhousie library system is determined to stick to its three renewal limit, I'm going to need the History of the Book in Canada set, which I mentioned last post but have made only a very small dent in since. Hmm. What else?

No comments:

Post a Comment